domingo, 10 de mayo de 2020

ENGLISH - Second Conditional -

  We are going to learn about the Second Conditional.

WHEN?  
To talk about something that is unlikely (poco probable).

STRUCTURE
* IF  +  PAST SIMPLE  ,  +  WOULD  +  INFINITIVE. 

If  I won the lottery, I would travel around the world.

"There is a very small chance of winning the lottery, so the trip is unlikely".

More examples:

If  I saw an alien, I  would run away really quickly.
If everything was perfect, you wouldn't learn .
If you lived in England, you would speak English every day.
If I had two heads, I would wear two hats.


ORDER
We can change the order. Look at these examples:

If I won the lottery, I would travel around the world.

* I would travel around the world if I won the lottery.


REMEMBER

WOULD  =  'D       Example:  I WOULD  =  I'D
PAST SIMPLE ---->  If the verb is regular, add "-ed" to the base form. Example: live ----->lived
                              If the verb is irregular, look at the second column of irregular verbs.
INFINITIVE  ----> Base form


You can practise Second Conditional by completing these exercises:


1 comentario: